Birth of a New Church
On February 24, 1946, Moderator L.J. Dunbar and a council of churches met to organize what is now known as Union Institutional Baptist Church.
New Church Opens Doors
The first service of UIBC took place at 1246 East Monroe, the home of Pastor & Sister C.B. Allbritton. Their home was the meeting place for the next year.
A new parcel of land was located at 2849 East Chipman Road and a small frame building was constructed. The church was remodeled in 1953.
On July 4, 1954, the laying of the cornerstone and dedication of the building took place.
The church made outstanding progress and continued to grow under the leadership of Rev. C.B. Allbritton. On June 2, 1962 after 16 years of faithful service, Rev. C.B. Allbritton was called home to be with the Lord.
On July 9, 1962, Rev. Allison Reid, Pastor of Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church in Buckeye, Arizona was called to be Union's new pastor.
In 1965, seeing the rapid growth of the congregation, the pastor and members decided it was time to build a new church.